Malden Rushett Neighbourhood Plan
2019 – 2041
New planning rulebook
A new rulebook was published in July 2018 which makes a number of significant changes to the planning system.
- new rules designed to speed up the planning application process
- sanctions for local authorities and local communities that fail to meet their planning obligations
A new 3 tier planning system allows communities to write policies for their own area that form part of the Local Plan.
- policies that promote sustainable growth
- how strategic policies are applied locally
- additional protection for sites and community assets
A platform that offers everyone who lives or works in the area an equal say in the decision making process.
- all decisions regarding the scope and content of a Neighbourhood Plan need to be agreed by the majority of the Forum
What can we do with a Neighbourhood Plan?
Have Your Say
Register with our website to have your say in our Neighbourhood Plan
There is no membership fee
Lend A Hand
If you can spare an hour each month your help will be appreciated
Help us to run this Community Project
Join a Team and help make a difference
Connecting with non-Internet households
What we will be doing
- Informing the community of the new planning rules and their consequences
- Identifying potential ambiguities that developers could exploit and clarifying them
- Establishing the community’s red lines
- Securing the optimal outcome that reflects the majority opinion
- Ensuring future growth is sustainable and managed
Writing the Neighbourhood Plan
Find out how the plan will be compiled
Find out how the plan will be structured
Find out how the plan will be delivered